Sunday, March 14, 2010

I'm Melting, melting.....

Coffee in hand, dogs at my side I stand peering out the window. It would seem that winter is over, the snow steadily melting helped along by the rain which has been falling over the last two days. I have watched local snow people, to be politically correct, meet their demise over the last week. With temperatures hovering around the 10 degree mark I took notice as day by day these creatures began to reshape, melting into what amounts to soppy piles of slush. As I watch as they disappear from existence I wonder, do they have feelings, does it hurt, death by melting?

As far as I am concerned meeting my demise as a result of melting is low on the list of "ways to go". This might seem like a ridiculous concern but think about it. We breath life into these beings, give them carrot noses and coal eyes, we take photos of them and post them on our face book pages and tag them as though they are friends. But as the warm weather greets us we turn our backs on them and let them melt, ignoring their silent pleas. I think we should be ashamed, we should just shoot them, a quick and painless death. Instead we let them parish, slowly without intervention. Perhaps we can bag some small part of them and use it for snow people genetic cloning to create an identical copy next winter? Maybe I am sleep deprived from a winter of grooming or maybe I am a rambling lunatic who has yet to be committed. In either scenario heed my plea and do the right thing, end snow peoples lives quickly and painlessly or help the process along with a blow dryer, just saying.

Peace and Love
accepting donations on behalf of snow people everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment