Tuesday, March 2, 2010


They and by "they" I mean the sorts of people who feel it necessary to theorize everything and then express an opinion about whatever it is that they have recently theorized, they probably spread their opinion using a platform like the Internet. Odds are using some sort of blog.

Shut up, I know what you are thinking because outside of being unnaturally good looking I can read minds so shut it.
So "they" often say that life imitates art or that art imitates life, either way one of them is an unoriginal, unimaginative copy cat.
However, if I were to concede to this previous statement then what does my art reflect?
Clearly I am not a skeleton running through a fiery blaze whilst raising the roof "woo woo"
So then we (thanks for your lack of participation readers) have determined then that my life does not imitate art. That leaves us with the art imitating life. Confused yet?
Often artists are inspired before painting and their creations often have a deeper meaning, some shattering mind fuck which you have to look through the multi layered visual to be slapped in the face by a sudden, impactful "ahhhh the painting of the cup represents the current economic state as the cup is half full, filled with water which ties in the environment", it's so potent in it's delivery that we go insane and cut off one of our ears.
I like skeletons, so I painted a skeleton. Plus the painting makes me laugh, that's it no deeper meaning, no bullshit, just an elementary mind set in its creation. You know, like when you were a kid and coloured the sky green, painted a duck blue, just because, no rhyme or reason.
However, if you desire a deeper meaning I will create one for you......
The skeleton represents death, but the fact that it is running means there is life afterwards. The jogging represents our fascination with staying physically fit while alive, which despite our best attempts to prolong life inevitably still result in death, pushing up the daisies and such. His hands are up because he is on fucking fire and that hurts so he is like "holy shit I am dead and on fire, that really sucks...." Plus since the location of the painting is on fire, it must be some sort of hell,
Hmmm
I call it "fleeing a marriage"
Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment