Sunday, December 13, 2009

Almost Perfect

In true "Jason" fashion yesterday begin as everyday. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee drifted upstairs and tickled my nose awake. That and waking up next to the one you love always puts a smile on my face!

So downstairs I went and poured myself a cup of life, actually if you are wondering what the meaning of life is, it's a good cup of coffee. Sorry if I ruined it for anyone but a speak only truth. With Soulmate out of the woods for the weekend it was just me the dog and of course the cat. The cat (Tucker) outside of being a constant source of amusment does not make a good snowshoe partner. What he does provide is a constant reminder of what you get when you have a big brass set of balls. That is to say he is his own dude and he gets what he wants weather we give it to him or weather he just takes it himself. Let that be a life lesson today, never settle, always get what you want.

So the dog, who is always dressed to go out in the winter elements waited patiently as I got ready. A quick look outside, blue skys and the sun slowing rising like a morning erect......

Anyways, Maggie and I headed out. Only a few short minutes on the road and then we disappear into the bush. It would seem that we would be the first to set track on freshly fallen snow. There is nothing better then being the first out, no ones steps to walk in and each step breaking new ground. Thats living. For half of the snowshoe I lead without purpose or direction, just walking towards the sun, letting it strike my face. I realize this is sounding like a drama but I have the key board and this is my blog so suck it.

About half way through our snowshoe Maggie came across some fresh deer tracks in the snow, she was on them like a nun on an alter. At that point I decided that all realationships invovle leading at times and following at others. So "lead on Maggie" For the next 40mins I followed wondering off trail and at times crossing trails. Every so often I would get a look back a smile all over her face. Thats right dogs can smile and they have souls, which means they go to heaven. But not rocks, rocks to do not go to heaven. Amazingly the tracks lead us almost all the way home. See my conspiracy theories are coming to fruition. The deers are watching us, waiting for the right time to strike. Parinoid delusions you say, will see, will see.

After an hour and a half or so we arrived back at the chalet. Coffee in hand sitting by the fire looking outside I realize that today is almost perfect. Almost is close but not quite there. The missing piece to the "perfect" equation is soulmate. Lets all be honest having the one you love with you makes everything better, especially when you kiss. So go kiss the one you love, I will wait........

See I told you, bet you feel better a bit happier. Weird how that works. Well thats what I have for you today. The snow is falling again and I am headed outside to live my life.



Peace and love
and kisses

1 comment:

  1. the black background and white font has to go.

    im getting old and its hard on my eyes.

    ReplyDelete