Sunday, December 6, 2009

Mission: Trail Build

o700, the light is coming in through the window Maverick (heather) and Goose (myself) are a wake, in the battle against nature it's tough to sleep "I've seen some shit man !" We choose our mission carefully, recon of the surrounding area. Lets get one thing straight squirrels and chipmunks our mother natures foot soldiers and if your not careful they will have you surrounded, their like ninjas out for you nuts! Guess Heather is safe. We load up our gear get the dog and head out to the front lines. We hit the hochiman trail north of the house and do a radio check, since we have no radios it consists of yelling " maverick this is goose, over" We head out, the goal is to gain geographic info which will be used to construct a trail from base linking us to surrounding trails. This is some crazy shit, we move forward we get our first glimpse of a squirrel, Maggie give chase, leaving us alone and vulnerable, clever bastards. We soon find ourselves regrouped and are now in the thick of it, bushwhacking our way towards base. "Goose this is fun" I reply "Maverick you have finish your transmissions with over, over" We soon arrive in what to the untrained eye would appear to be an empty field. I know better, this is an air strip for Mother Natures air force. They just birds my ass, they are winged bombs with an arsenal of poop. We choose to play it safe and head for the cover of the bush. I catch another glimpse of the enemy, we are slowly being surrounded, I can see it in their eyes they want my nuts bad. We pick up the pace, soon we are running "Goose theirs the base, over" "Roger that" It's now a full on sprint and I am falling behind, I trip, "man down, man down" Their all around us now "save your self Maverick!" Maverick circles around and we are soon running again, Maggie leading the way. 100 meters to go, we are in the clear, I radio a head and request a fly by. "Negative" I ignore and run around the house, rattling all the windows with my awesome speed.
Some of that may or may not be true......
Its my blog

Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment