Sunday, December 27, 2009

Silent Night

Well Christmas has come and gone. Family was visited and presents were exchanged. I would like to say turkey was ate but Soulmate and I are veggies so no turkey. We did however eat some bugs. We decided to look the other way and enjoy some delicious escargot for our own version of Christmas dinner. If you imagine you are a giant they look like little turkeys. So we ate a small colony of escargot, sipped on wine and enjoyed a quite, relaxing Christmas day filled with laughter, love and a bit of painting.

Some of you may be a little disappointed in this life report. You may have expected a Griswald story of how we cut down our own tree, brought it home to find a squirrel still occupying it. Or how I was awoken by noise down stairs, beat said intruder only to discover that it was Santa. Or even how I saved the day from terrorists who took over an airport in a plot to have political dictator released (die hard, that reference is die hard in case some of you are like what?)

Sorry, but it was a quite day and I am very happy to have had it. Christmas often means running around from one place to the next, often visiting with people who you only see on Christmas. Your time is spent catching them up on your life, even though you nor they really care. So instead our Christmas was filled with visiting the one's we love, even if we don't see eye to eye with them they are the one's who do care.

I did have a smile put on my face, when I was given a gift by soulmates family. I got to dawn a rhinestone Christmas hat as I open my present. Socks, hot chocolate and a mug. I think they like me. I was really shocked when my name was added to next years secret Santa draw. This is a big deal because it means they expect me to be around. I will not disappoint! I will be around for years to come, eventually they will refer to me as a virus and question how to get rid of me. But for know I am happy to be accepted and invited back.

Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment