Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bad luck?

Well, like a good employee I reported for work, bright and early. Bright eyed and bushy tailed I was ready to tackle the new snow that had fallen (actually blown around) last night. To my surprise not much had happened over night. I figured that I would make short work of my "to do list" wrongo!!!
I went to start the snow blower which, after being left in a cold storage shed had as much life in it as a homeless person sleeping on the street. After 15 or so minutes and non stop priming I had it running, well sputtering, but working well enough to vomit up snow which beats the hell out of shoveling.
I then decided to sand the hill, oh how the delivery guys will love me. The tractor, sleeps outside. So in suit with the snow blower it did not want to start either, I would have to defib to get her going. "clear" nothing ok lets shock her again, "clear" this time the tractor had enough life to mutter what sounded like "go fuck yourself" Alright," clear" this time she fired up, black smoke billowed from the stack, casting a haze into blue sky, ya we really care about reducing our carbon foot, print!
The icing on the "should have stayed in bed cake" came while I was plowing the lower lot. Getting the jump on the weekend I decided to plow the lower lot, a foot ball field sized piece of grass which acts as overflow for the weekend rush. Literally with one pass left, the transmission took a giant shit. I said good bye to reverse, and of course I was in no position to drive forward. So I had to get towed out of the pile of snow, only to discover that the brakes had also joined the choir invisible, that is to say that both the transmission and the brakes died, they are pushing up daisies.
You may ask, what do you do when you have a day like this and my friends the answer is easy, smile, kiss the one you love and have a beer.

peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment