Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ye day at work.

Greetings and salutations good friends.
On this blistery cold eve, take a moment to find warmth, become comfortable sip on coco and listen as I tell ye a tale of days (today) gone past.

It was in the year of our lord, 2009. I awoke to the soothing and natural sounds of and electronic rooster, something of a rage these days. As the sun dial was not yet working I took a guesstimate at the time. I, through a series of detailed mathematical calculations, the likes of which I shall not bore you with, determined that it was 4:30am. To some of you, the existence of such a time seems mystical, let me assure you it is of truth.
My journey on this day would take me into the forest, over the hills and to a land covered in trails travelled on by pieces of wood.
Through another series of methods, rooted deep in science (checking the weather net work) I determined that on this day it was cold. So cold that only the brave and idiotic, the likes of which are usually alike, would venture forth. I dawned my furs (Helly Hanson gear) and summoned my dog sled team (Maggie, only one dog, not much of a sleder).
We would set out, guided by a head lamp and flashy thingies crudely attached to Maggies collar.
The temperature was in the minus 20's, so our voyage would be fraught with frozen things and such.
I was afraid that I may not reach my destination before my coffee would run out and alas it did.
Coffee less, cold and only accompanied by the bravest dog (also idiotic) we pushed forward.
In the wee light of the morning our journey came to and end as we reached our far away destination.
It was glorious.
We watched in ah, pondering the role of witch craft as people glided across the snow, supported by pieces of wood fastened to their shoes. Ah technology is an amazing thing, a marvel of this new age.
The day was spent, laughing and mucking about moving snow flakes and starting fires. It is a good life.
As the light of the sun, slowly began to be extinguished we had but a single task, to return to where we once came. As I left this land of spandex and skis I had but a single thought an enlightenment if you will.

brrrrrrr

Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment