Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The last two days, well nights actually have been a new learning experience. Having been accepted to Top Gun school a.k.a Hardwood. Sunday night was my first flight experience, before receiving clearance we checked snow conditions, temperature and of course I-pod selections. Goose and I. In this scenario Andrew Parry will be Goose and I of course will be playing Maverick. The handsome pilot with a little bit of cowboy in him. So into the Rhino we climbed and hit the trails. This is my first time grooming and I can admit that I was a little nervous. Wrecking a trail would be similar to cutting someones throat, actually my own because A) they would have to close it and B) I would be applying for a new job. So with my attention focused and my third eye open we headed into the thick of it. Grooming is not simply a glorified Zamboni for ski trails, it is what I have come to learn and art form. You are always on a constant edge, between tiller pressure, speed and laying a good track. If a classical track is set and not relieved before a sharp turn you will cause skiers to venture, unwilling into a tree. We hold the power. I like it. I from this day forward shalt be known as the all powerful lumber jack jay. A name I was given my a good friend, a worshipper if you will. I began grooming at Midnight and finished somewhere around 7:30. The trails looked alright given the snow, my experience and mother nature who is ultimately the conductor to our grooming symphony. Monday night I was out again, a bit of a later start due snow conditions but the trails looked much better. I just might be good at this after all. Well, I am usually good at everything. Actually it hurts being this good, toot toot.
On the training front I am being a good athlete. I have been dedicated to my work outs on the compu trainer (bring it) and despite the fact they hurt like hell finish each one with a smile on my face. Coach says I am the best athlete in the world, well I may have paraphrased but whatever.
Being left unsupervised for the weekend I decided to build a ski jump in the yard. Our almost 1 acre of chalet property is mainly a large forested hill, but there is enough room to have a good run in, a kicker and a sweet landing spot. So, my neighbours think I am semi retarded, but I am who I am which is someone who is semi retarded.
In local news it has been snowing and snowing a lot. Overnight we received over 30cm of fresh powder and it is still snowing with another 10cm expected today. I hope that I am being clear in my writing this, I am boasting, bragging, rubbing it in if you will. Southern Ontario can kiss Northern Ontario's ass. That's right I said it, it's out there.
Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment